At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Cisco Security Engineer
Location: Woodland Hills, CA. Newport Beach, CA, Or LA Metro
Our client is an industry leader in managed and hosted IT services. They focus on solving their client’s most difficult technical issues and the commitment to provide the highest level of service in the Information technology industry. They have a large presence in data center virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility, contact centers and network infrastructure. If you want to come in and build upon your current technical knowledge and certification level this is the company for you.
Position Summary: As the Cisco Security Engineer your primary responsibility will be to provide Consultative design and implementation to our clients customers. The majority of the time will be spen on implementations but you will be called upon to help in presales.
• Provide technical leadership for Consulting Services projects.
• Responsibilities include executive and technical-level communications and relationship building to gain credibility/trust of internal and external customers.
• Consult, assess or audit, design and interview customers to determine highly technical requirements.
• Convert requirements into actionable scope of work.
• Coordinate proof of concept testing.
• Provide knowledge transfer to the customer.
• Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide highest-level crisis management.
• Ensure familiarity with customer network planning, implementation and support processes and procedures.
• Be a customer technical liaison for Presidio’s technical support and development teams.
• Facilitate design reviews for proposed architectures.
• Provide recommendations on viability, implementation strategies and optimal implementation of Presidio solutions.
• Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions. Ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time.
• Engineer, configure and lead the design, configuration and deployment of circuits, Windows Servers, MS Exchange, Cisco routers, switches, Sonic firewalls, SANs, load balancers and other network infrastructure devices.
• Deliver to current client requirements and generate additional consulting work by understanding the client's need and showing them the justification for new technologies that fit their business.
• Review data monitoring stats and confirm SLAs with carriers are being obtained.
• Review network utilization statistics to verify that circuits are properly sized. Take proactive approaches in provisioning bandwidth to meet needs or determine more analysis is required to determine types of bandwidth usage.
• Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
• Apply business development skills to identify potential sales leads and opportunities and communicate discovered opportunities to the regional sales team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Experience designing and deploying network and security services for large organizations required.
• Cisco routing and switching experience required.
• Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation experience required
• Cisco PIX/ASA and IPS experience required
• Cisco CSM experience desired
• RSA software experience desired (SecureID, DLP, enVision, Netwitness, or Archer)
• CCNP or CCNP Security preferred
• CISSP preferred
• F5 Experience a plus
• Travel required
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.