Join the high visibility team of the corporate infrastructure services operations center (isoc). As a new team member you will help create a state of the art operations center, leveraging our existing tool sets and adding new capabilities to provide three 9's availability. Our service includes among others, data centers, networks (wan/man/lan), security, voice, and email.
B. S. - computer engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, computer information systems, computer systems, engineering, software engineering, electrical & computer science engineering. Cisco-based networks, w2k server, unix, w2k server, operations center experience, cots monitoring packages, such as nervecenter, micromuse netcool, what's up gold, hp openview. Project is multi-year. Programming experience: at least 2-4 years, software analysis, design, and programming. Ability to take responsibility for, analyze, and solve problems. Visual basic or other oo programming languages. Basic understanding of it infrastructure and snmp; microsoft office products. Ability to work on a team
The Linux System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship.
• Support a heterogeneous mix of computer hardware and software platforms in a virtualized environment, including servers and thin clients, and numerous COTS and customer software applications.
• Support a varied range of tasking from break/fix support, supporting recurring operations functions, and new system upgrades
• Support technical approaches, trade studies and processes
• Accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective actions, and ensure Raytheon meets contract commitments
• 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
• Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (rpm), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
• Experience with Solaris to include Solaris packaging, with the ability to transition from Solaris to Linux Systems
• Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
• Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, and PERL
• Experience with planning, deployment, installation and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
• SAN administration experienced is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
• Must have a current SCI clearance
• Hands on experience with Oracle hardware, (including disk systems and x86 systems); demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise level troubleshooting and system hardening.
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
• Experience with VMware virtualized environments, including vSphere 5.x (ESXi) and vCenter Server 5.x versions, and deploying virtual machines to production environments via templates
• Experience supporting Enterprise applications: IBM Rational Clearcase
• Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
• Understanding syntax, format and interaction between Operating Systems (mainly Solaris & Linux)
• SAN Experience: experience designing and implementing storage for optimal performance. Experience should include setting up the storage to dynamically allocate/de-allocate disk from systems. Must have a thorough understanding of multi-pathing and RAID technologies. Understand disk communication over fiber channel and Ten GB Ethernet
• Administration of installation, maintenance, zoning, and management of fiber channel switches
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program