At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com
DB2 Application Development Database Administrator
Our client is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Their railway subsidiary operates in over 20 states and serves major container ports in the eastern United States.
Client is looking to add an experienced DB2/LUW Development Database Administrator (DBA) for their project. Candidate will be responsible for DB2/ZOS DBA work for Revenue Production Support applications. Candidates will restore the processes and systems around the utilization and management of empty rail cars.
• Creation and maintenance of Database Management Systems
• Creation of databases and database objects including tables, views, groups, logins, indexes, etc.
• Logical and Physical Database Design
• Ensuring that NS Computer Security Policies are followed
• Ensuring compliance with naming standards
• Collaborate with the technical teams to assist with problem and performance resolution
• Regularly monitor the database to identify potential problems
• Assist with various development tasks
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 4+ years as a DB2 LUW DBA with at least 2 years of experience as an application/operational DBA
• Strong Relational Database Concepts
• Relational Data Modeling and Logical Database Design
• Physical Database Design and Implementation
• Performance tuning, including individuas query tuning, indexing and advanced optimization of data model
• Advanced DB2 Linux, Unix, and Windows Database Administration skills that include the following
• Logical and physical database design; Installation, configuration and monitoring
• Server performance tuning; Troubleshooting; Maintenance; Recovery; Security
• Ability to design, implement and test business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for DB2 LUW databases
• Stored procedure creation and modification
• Proven ability to investigate and analyze problems using diagnostic tools, such as DB2 snapshots and explain outputs, to document problems and work with application teams and infrastructure support to resolve problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, system DBA’s, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be adaptive to different work assignments as well as adaptive to work with different groups of people.
• Strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus.
Preferred skills include:
• Industry Certifications or Skills
• IBM Certified Database Administrator – DB2 V9 or V10 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
• IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator – DB2 Linus, UNIX, and Windows
• Knowledge of AIX Operating System
• DB2/ZOS experience
• Development experience (.Net, NHibernate would be a plus)
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.