Software QA Engineer
This position requires deep understanding of QA methodologies and process. QA Engineer will design test plans, write test cases, review functional requirement documentation, and present test strategies for team review. The QA Engineer will submit, regress, and verify defects ( Blackbox/Greybox), communicate project and testing status to internal and external teams, test database interactions at both the end-user and backend levels.
Analyze automation test scenarios and design testing solutions for approved projects:
• Review requirements, evaluate for testability, and organize detailed test cases of the various applications
• Gather and organize application data from various sources for functional and end to end testing
• Analyze requirements and identify strategies that maximize test coverage and/or improve system reliability and performance
• Prepare detail test plan; consult with business analysts on testing options and strategies
• Develop, document and present automation test plan solutions and alternatives
• Prepare estimates of cost, effort and duration for automation testing tasks and activities
• Prepare and contribute toward the preparation of project deliverables and documentation
Implement automation test solutions:
• Create automation test scripts from detailed test cases
• Monitor testing activities and ensure they are completed as expected
• Enhance automation test cases as needed due to testing issues encountered
• Track and report software defects for review by the development team and business analysts
• Document automation test case enhancements required for future releases
• Must have strong experience directly on UNIX servers and full awareness of OS and proficiency in a variety of commands and utilities
• Experience in reading and writing UNIX shell scripts
• Experience with HP Testing tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), LoadRunner, HP Quality Center.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in HP QTP scripting and test automation.
• Experience in testing Web Data Query interfaces using SOAP, JAVA, XML and C++
• Strong skill in writing SQL queries to do back-end testing (SQL developer and ORACLE)
• Prior testing experience with applications developed on multiple operating systems
• Excellent analytical skills
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in Computer Science.
• Experience with Telecomm systems and processes - Data Mediation preferred
Primary Skill Requirement
Strong Data Mediation/Billing and Unix experience