At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Director of IT - Applications
We are looking for someone who wants to join an industry leading manufacturing company that is looking to expand its Information Technology Department. Our client is providing custom solutions for your waste and recycling needs. Our client specializes in products, systems and solutions to collect, store, transport, and handle a wide ranges of waste.
The IT Director of Applications oversees the linkage between the company’s business units and the enterprise business systems we use to run their company. The IT Director will ensure delivery of new or modified systems within strict deadlines, budget and scope using our Project Office methods, tools, and process.
• Business Interaction – Builds partnerships with assigned business units. Uses relationships to drive identified business change required to deliver project benefits. Ensure project ROI hurdles are met. Writing reports using Crystal Reports, Excel or SSRS for business users.
• Planning - Responsible for the development of detailed project plans to assure activities are understood and commitment is gained to meet overall project objectives. Utilizes the Company’s IT PMO governance framework and tools to prioritize and plan tasks and the resources needed to accomplish them..
• Budgeting and Control - Responsible for setting, tracking and adhering to capital and expense project budgets. Utilize The company standard process for Capital Spend authorization, Steering Team reporting, and project budget tracking
• Project Management –Monitors and controls project delivery within determined budget and timeframes, using the Company’s project governance tools. Identifies, communicates and partners to resolves project risks and issues.
• Process Improvement Sponsor - Is a champion for the use and continual improvement of enterprise business systems.
• Team Building – Directs project staff toward achieving defined project objectives through clear communication of expectations, implementation and enforcement of standards, policies, procedures and methodology. Provide consistent and clear feedback to project team members on performance against goals and objectives
• Vendor Management – accomplish remediation of issues and/or enhancements by ensuring vendor partners provide quality delivery of service
• Enterprise systems support – work assigned requests (IT Tickets) for break/fix or small enhancement requests. Track work to completion through our enterprise helpdesk system.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 10 years’ experience implementing and supporting large scale multi-platform information systems
• 7 years’ experience managing large scale projects involving various technologies and project teams – especially ERP implementations
• Experience developing complex project plans to meet business objectives
• Experience developing and managing project budgets
• Preferred - experience with eCommerce technologies such as Ariba and EDI
• Proven experience in change management disciplines
• Proficient in MS Project, MS SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Project
• Proficient With SQL based report writing tools such as Crystal and SSR
• Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills – and using these skills in formal reports to “C-Suite” executives
• Travel up to 35% (average) over a year, with high/lower demands in any given month based on assignments
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
• Knowledge and experience leading an IT department within large multi-site / multi-national manufacturing context
• Experience with a formal Project Office
• Experience with ITIL methodology
• Experience with Tier 1 or 2nd Tier ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, Macola, MAS90, Syteline, and IFS
• Master’s degree preferred
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.