At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Our client is one of the nation’s premier and industry leading design-build firms in the world with offices in over 40 nations. Their primary focus is Automotive, Chemical and Manufacturing plant Construction.
Procurement Specialist working in purchasing equipment, materials and supplies for industrial construction projects. Additional duties include preparation of specifications, managing the receipt of bids and ensuring expectations are met. Candidate will work closely with Estimating, Engineering and Administration Departments.
• Receives, examines and processes requisitions including bid specifications for equipment and material purchases
• Prepares listing of qualified subcontractors and vendors or locates source of supply, and places orders with appropriate bidder
• Compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment.
• Confirms supplier schedules and delivery conditions with project schedules and demands.
• Interviews and corresponds with subcontractors and vendors; keeps informed of new materials and equipment and market conditions and trends
• Confers with and assists managers of all departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications
• Maintains records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases and revises these as conditions changes
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• (7) years experience working for a general contractor or engineering firm as a procurement specialist
• (4) year Degree preferred: (10+) years working in General Contractor or engineering firm in procurement in lieu of Degree
• Extensive knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures and of the techniques of specification writing
• Knowledge of a construction materials and equipment required for manufacturing plant construction including best sources and prices for the procurement of such materials
• Considerable knowledge of methods of analyzing equipment and materials
• Knowledge of the application of procurement principles and methods of the keeping of procurement records
• Ability to supervise the work of others in the performance of routine purchasing and office duties
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company officials and vendors
Preferred skills include:
• Knowledge of basic computer operation, MS Office Suite of Programs (Word, Excel, MS Project, Access, Power Point)
• Estimating software, such as Winest.
• Communication Skills
• Building Collaborative Relationships
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.