At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Server Network/Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading federal services and information technology contractor. They have a strong heritage of delivering world-class solutions and delivering advanced technology across a broad spectrum of civil and defense domains.
This position requires the following specific technical and professional background: Candidates will have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field and 8 years relevant experience. MUST have a strong networking background with an emphasis on security. Experience using Remedy software needed for both submission of trouble tickets on behalf of customer and tracking issues.
• Specializing in Windows and Linux Systems Management in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s program in Huntsville, AL.
• Responsible for daily operation of the program environment to include network infrastructure, server administration to include VMware virtual environment, EMC SAN/NAS administration, McAfee AntiVirus administration, IAVA compliance, STIG compliance, workstation administration, backup administration and facilitating classified VTC activities
• Responsible for executing daily battle rhythms within the program environment (check vCenter to ensure virtual environment is working normally, logon to servers and check event logs, check Network logs) as well as patch all servers and workstations, utilize DISA Gold Disk for IAVA compliance, apply any upgrades as necessary for Windows, monitor the VMware ESXI/vCenter infrastructure and make performance optimizations as needed
• This candidate will work SharePoint Design/Deployment and migration
• Expected to travel as needed to any location where the program environment exists as requested by customer
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field and 8 years relevant experience
• MUST have a strong networking background with an emphasis on security
• Experience using Remedy software needed for both submission of trouble tickets on behalf of customer and tracking issues
• Strong communication skills are required
• DoD 8570 trained at Security+ level at a minimum, or the ability to obtain Security+ within 60 days of hire.
Preferred skills include:
• Previous work experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.