At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Telecommunications Engineer (Tier III)
Saratoga Springs, NY
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Telecommunications Engineer will manage the telecommunications and network infrastructure, administer the Avaya Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system, and participate in special projects.
• Provides advanced telecommunications support to internal clients (call center and customer service) and external clients (government agencies).
• Manages Avaya telecommunications infrastructure in data center.
• Upgrades software of Avaya telecommunications system and server; fix or replace hardware of telecommunication system as needed.
• Installs new server or system to support Avaya Contact Center solution.
• Supports data network infrastructure that is used for telco system, such as MPLS or SIP.
• Monitors telecommunications performance and security issues and works through problems as needed.
• Performs advance troubleshooting of technical issues, and evaluates current and foreseeable future requirements to determine appropriate solutions.
• Understands and consistently observes all Company policies and procedures.
• Represents Company in client meetings in a professional and respectful manner.
• Manages vendor relationship with telecommunications service provider and networking hardware provider.
• Creates and maintains system documents, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Ensures that systems are properly documented, controlled for change and monitored for uptime and performance.
• Facilitates the selection and implementation of network, communication and systems infrastructure to match the needs of the company.
• Plans, architects, and implements key company communication systems.
• Develops upgrade proposals and installs new systems.
• Provides recommendations on proper tools and environment selection that ensure scalability.
• Keeps aware of industry trends and new solutions. Evaluates, recommends and implements new telecommunications solutions.
• Develops project plans and execute implementation plans.
• Identifies, develops, implements and maintains industry standard of security practices.
• Works with vendors, technical staff and others to formulate designs and troubleshoot problems.
• Collaborates with other team members on technologies, concepts and standards.
• Identifies and provides high level of services to customer and ensuring company needs are being met.
• Escalates critical production issues through the proper chain of command.
• Takes work direction from and works closely with Senior IT Manager.
• Works closely with IT staff, call center operations, and vendors.
• Interfaces with managers as well as upper executive management and occasionally other employees as needed.
• Interacts directly with clients and vendors.
• Support other telecommunications staffs and lead major telecommunications projects.
•Depending on location, may need to travel to attend meetings, job-related training, client site, and/or to assist at other locations.
• Trouble-shooting from remote location when necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 6-8 years relevant experience required.
• Minimum 5 years experience with Avaya Communication Manager; Call Management System; Audix Messaging; installing the various Avaya VoIP components (Aura, System Manager, etc); analyzing trends and voice QoS tools; operating global voice communication systems; supporting telecommunications services and SIP; toll free Service Management System operation and configurations and telecommunications management tools; supporting Cisco network infrastructure as well as managing telecommunications circuits.
• Areas of experience strongly preferred in network and telecommunications hardware, software and monitoring tools, knowledge of common telecommunications connectivity issues, knowledge of supporting VoIP communication, experience with supporting data center operations and production systems, and expert level technical troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with supporting Terminal Server, VMWare, or Verint application is a plus.
• Must have the ability to work both in a team environment and independently and have solid customer service skills.
• Excellent analytical skills required with abilities to resolve issues in a fast paced environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of technology staff and management.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self motivation, and have excellent work ethic.
• Needs to be adaptable and possess solid organizational and time management skills.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.