At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Construction Surveillance Technician Instructor
As the Construction Surveillance Technician Instructor ( Technical Training Specialist , Senior ) you will be required to coordinate students, instructors, facilities and classrooms for the fundamental training of Construction Surveillance Technicians (CST), Cleared American Guards (CAG), and Site Security Managers (SSM). The men and women of the US Department of State with their skills, character and commitment to public service, are the backbone of America's diplomacy.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Compile and maintain syllabi and lesson plans for all CST and CAG courses.
• Conduct training for CSTs, CAGs and assist from time to time with the SSMs.
• Assist in the development and preparation of course outlines; administrative, instructor and self-study guides; lesson plans; presentations in PowerPoint; and trainee reference manuals/checklists for CST and CAG courses.
• Subject matter involved includes theory and operation of approved Diplomatic Security technical security systems, hardware and engineering equipment associated with technical security systems.
• For courses for which you are assigned as the Subject Matter Expert, you are responsible for all curriculum development and revisions, the associated training aids (both stationary and portable), and for working with DS/TPS/CISD to ensure training is developed according to applicable guidelines and standards.
• Present hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences ranging from individual VIPs to groups of, but not limited to, 50 people on the following topics:
1. Access Control Systems;
2. Intrusion Detection Systems;
3. Vehicle Arrest Systems;
4. Emergency Notification Systems;
5. CCTV Systems;
6. Security Management Systems;
7. Explosive and X-Ray Detection Equipment;
8. Technical Espionage Prevention;
9. CST, CAG, and SSM policies, procedures, and techniques.
• Study construction security and security systems technology and teach application and user classes.
• Prepare and package technical security instructional materials for dissemination to students.
• Assist in maintaining all laboratories associated with the Technical Training Annex.
• Design and create training aids and equipment demos for classroom demonstrations.
• Assist other instructors with required classroom preparation activities such as setting up equipment and audiovisuals.
• Ensure that individual professional development records are maintained after teaching each course.
• Set-up and operate audio-visual equipment necessary for conducting classes pertaining to this position.
• Employ applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect National Security Information.
• Operate USG vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Security Engineering Branch Chief.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Top Secret security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution, or equivalent USG experience in a security related position.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Department of State or USG technical security programs.
• Proof of completion of training in classroom instruction, such as a certificate or degree.
• Strong, practical electronic and mechanical skills.
• Familiarity (testable) with construction security policies, procedures and techniques.
• Capable of using computer software for word processing and classroom presentations.
• Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
• Excellent writing skills in drafting memoranda, letters, telegrams, and instructional materials.
• Valid driver’s license and be able and willing to drive USG vehicles up to and including sixteen-passenger vans.
• Travel to other U.S. or foreign training sites is occasionally required, but not expected to exceed 25% of total work time.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Active US Government Top Secret security clearance.
• Master’s degree from a nationally accredited institution.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.