At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Colorado Springs, CO
Our client is a leading federal services and information technology contractor. They have a strong heritage of delivering world-class solutions and delivering advanced technology across a broad spectrum of civil and defense domains.
This position requires the following specific technical and professional background: Candidates will have knowledge and experience with relational DBMS concepts, design, architecture, and operations. 5 years experience with MS SQL Server to include MS SQL Server 2008. Experience with MS SQL Server clusters, MS SQL Server database performance tuning, MS SQL Server database monitoring, and MS SQL Server Database backup/recovery.
• Design, implement, maintain, and consolidate MS SQL Server database systems across the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) enterprise network
• Research and apply nest business practices for the design and administration of databases
• Implement database performance monitoring, fine tuning, and optimize database systems
• Support development and implementation of database backup and disaster recovery strategies
• Conduct database capacity and availability audits
• Occasional after hours maintenance and on-call support required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or similar and 8 years total experience
• Knowledge and experience with relational DBMS concepts, design, architecture, and operations
• 5 years experience with MS SQL Server to include MS SQL Server 2008
• Experience with MS SQL Server clusters, MS SQL Server database performance tuning, MS SQL Server database monitoring, and MS SQL Server Database backup/recovery
• MUST have DoD Secret Clearance or an interim clearance
• Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification or CISSP, or must obtain such certification within 60 days of hire
Preferred skills include:
• Experience with Windows operating systems
• Experience with Virtualization (VMWare)
• Experience with database application development
• Experience with BMC Remedy
• Experience with active directory interface
• Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification desired
• Experience in O&M activities
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.