At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com
Our client is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Their railway subsidiary operates in over 20 states and serves major container ports in the eastern United States.
• Lead the conversion of multiple databases written in IDMS to DB2.
• Work with business owners to gather requirements, prepare functional specifications, form project plans and communicate progress throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Work with the technical team lead to review, analyze and define requirements for development of the replacement application
• Analyze and design technical solutions for complex business requirements
• Has the ability to create efficient SQL queries and understands how to optimize them for performance.
• Identify and resolve programming problems by following routine methods and established system development methodologies
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 6-9 years of application development using DB2
• 3-5+ years of experience performing DB2 DBA application functions
Build and maintain ddl to create database objects in TEST systems Including:
• Stored procedures
• Image copies/reorgs if needed
• Knowledge of DB2 utilities, IBM DB2 Admin Tools and IBM DB2 Table Editor
• TSO ISPF
• MVS JCL
• Disciplined in the area of application change control using a Source Manager such as Changeman
• Knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong understanding relational (conceptual, logical, physical) data models
Preferred skills include:
• Experience with IDMS
• Experience with SAS
• Experience with Changeman
• Experience with Scheduling software
• Experience with Xpediter
• Experience with MQ Series
• Experience with TMON for DB2
• Experience with HPSM problem/request system
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.