At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Windows System Administrator
Our client is a highly successful business and has been constantly growing year in and year out. They serve the US Army, Intelligence community and broader defense CONUS & OCONUS. Our client’s focus is within the Department of Defense (DoD) within its US Army programs. Recently they were included on Business Journals “Fastest 50 Growing Companies” list for 2012.
This position is for a Windows Systems Administrator a growing environment of Windows Server 2003 and 2008. This position will work with the existing Windows team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support approximately 850 servers. This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or requested. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
• Windows System Administrator (SA) for US Army data center with Secret clearance.
• Currently work on Windows Ops team as senior member to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support over 600 Windows-based physical and virtual servers in an Army Enterprise Data Center.
• Setup and monitoring of Citrix XenApp 4.5/5.0 and VM 5 environments utilizing Smart Card Authentication for public and private systems.
• Interface with Unix Operations team and multiple departments including Networking, Customer Support and Engineering as needed to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction.
• IA security analysis and hardening on new and existing servers.
• Extensive day to day maintenance of high priority systems including Windows 2003-2008R2 servers utilizing Citrix XenApp, vSphere 5 and Microsoft system tools.
• Build new physical and virtual systems using Army Gold Standard master ISOs, all software installs and locking down servers based on STIG, SCC and Retina results.
• Monitoring the ongoing operation of Windows and Unix servers using SCCM and Solarwinds providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
• Perform screening and interviews of potential candidates in senior technical roles. Interface between Operations and the Service Desk to facilitate communication and time saving methods to assist more customers in less time.
• Every day use of Remedy for Incident tracking and Change management.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, VMware Infrastructure 3.5/vSphere4, Citrix XenApp 4.5/5.0 product suite, Managing Active Directory Users and Computers and Group Policies, IIS 6.0.
Required Experience and Certifications:
• CompTIA Security+
• Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e. MCSE, Server+, etc.)
• Bachelor's or post-graduate degree in computer science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or engineering from an accredited college or university; or eight years of combined education (at the undergraduate level in any academic field) and experience performing the foregoing functions.
• A total of at least 10 years of experience with Windows Systems.
• At least 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have been a team leader or supervisor.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Create extensive user and administration documentation for systems and functions.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.