At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Red Hat Linux Adminstrator
The candidate will serve as a team member in the Linux/EDI Team in a computing environment supporting primarily Red Hat Linux and some Solaris.
• Experience interfacing with third-party suppliers/vendors, internal IT application programmers, and internal business contacts for both new development and problem determination/resolution
• Assist in designing, implementing, and supporting the corporate Linux/Solaris architecture as required for installed and proposed systems
• Serve as a resource as needed during critical system outages to provide management with business impact information necessary to make decisions
• Correct reported problems with software and communication interfaces under his/her responsibility
• Experience utilizing a problem management tool to track open tickets and follow up to resolution and closure
• must be sensitive when introducing new technologies to internal/external business partners but have the conviction to push through technologies that are in the best interests of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 3+ years of Red Hat
• 3+ years of HP hardware diagnosis and repair
• 3+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong teamwork and customer support focus
• Strong Unix shell scripting
• Mid to advanced level Red Hat Linux 5/6 administration
• Familiarity/experience with HP Proliant and C class blade hardware for patching, diagnosis and repair
• Ability to handle numerous conflicting priorities in a professional manner
• Team building and problem resolution skills.
• OS Clustering for Red Hat and Solaris
• Red Hat Satellite Server
• HP Hardware Architecture and Acquisition
• Kickstart System Deployment
• Configuration Management
• Tivoli Monitoring (ITM)
• VMWare virtualization of Red Hat
• Enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) server side configuration and concepts
• Experience with load balancing technology and concepts
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.