At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Our client is a leading worldwide provider of innovative services and solutions to the U.S. Federal Government which includes IT consolidation and modernization, cyber security, information assurance, and cloud computing. The client takes great pride in delivering on our promises to customers, employees, and stockholders—and their top priority remains building relationships based on trust, integrity, and performance.
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer ( Network Engineer , Senior ) will provide support to the Air Force Research Lab. You will become part of a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting Cisco network equipment and supporting ancillary equipment such as KVM switches, UPS units, and network based environmental monitors.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Configuration Management tasks, such as data base updates, equipment verification, circuit inventory and network maps maintenance.
• Support ancillary equipment such as KVM switches, UPS units, and network based environmental monitors.
• Perform net flow analysis, network capacity planning and wireless site survey and planning.
• Operate and maintain Cisco network equipment at the Access, Distribution and Core levels.
• Work in a team environment providing both oral and written communication at a high level regarding technical concepts to both technical staff as well as the government customer.
• Prioritize and direct the activities of Mid-Junior level network engineers.
• Provide mentoring and career development support to team members.
• Support the following networking technologies.
o Cisco IOS at an expert level
o UNIX/Linux at a user level
o HP OpenView/Intermapper (SNMP Collection Station)
o Wireshark or other protocol analyzers
o Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP4)
o Layer Two Switching
o Port Security
o Subnetting, Multicast
o Quality of Service (QOS)
o Cisco ACS
o Cisco Nexus 7010 Series Switches
o Cisco 1252 Wireless Access Points
o Cisco Routers
o Cisco Switches
o Cisco Multi-service platforms
o Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
o Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM)
o Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
o Call Manager Express (VOIP Management)
• Active DoD Secret clearance and/or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret.
• CompTIA Security+ certification within 30 days of start date.
• Cisco CCNA certification obtained within six (6) months of start date.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• Ten (10) plus years experience operating and maintaining a Metropolitan or Campus Area Network.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience operating and maintaining an Air Force Base Area Network.
• Experience with participating in a formalized Network Configuration Control Board (CCB) process.
• Familiarity with DoD and US Air Force instructions and regulations on network security and operation.
• Five (5)+ years experience operating and maintaining a DoD network.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.