At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
JAVA WebSphere Portal Developer/ Architect
Our client is an excellent company to work for with great benefits. They are a Java shop that works with over 300 companies supplying logistics and data warehousing. This is one of the top companies in Charlotte to work for.
We are currently looking to bring on a Websphere Portal Architect who will be the lead in building out an Enterprise Portal. They will be the lead on a highly talented Java software development team creating a social connectivity tool for our healthcare clients most of which are in developed in a cutting edge IBM Websphere 7.0 and IBM Connections environment. These products are sold as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) model to hospitals and other healthcare sites to assist in improving clinical outcomes, reducing waste and preparing for new methods of delivering care as required by health reform.
· Architecting a brand new Web Portal using IBM Websphere Technology.
· Designing Platform specs
· Writes Java code and assists in development of new products and enhances and maintains existing products
· Analyzes and addresses requirements in product design
· Estimates work effort
· Creates and executes unit test cases (both automated and manual)
· Provides support to resolve customer issues, perform debugging, and create patches
· Constant collaboration with the software release team
· Mentors other Java developers
· Experience with architecting IBM Websphere Portal.
· Experience with software development using Java and J2EE.
· Experience with developing in a Spring MVC framework or Hibernate
· Experience with web based service architecture and application development
· Experience with unit test methodologies and tools
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems
· Self-starter that can drive work to completion with high quality
· Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
· Experience with IBM Connections
· Experience with Agile Development methodologies
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree required
· Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics
· 7+ years related experience required; 10 years experience preferred
· Performance engineering; test automation; Agile/SDLC/ADLC; SQL tuning concepts; Java;
· In depth analytical understanding of Java Application and JVM
· Infrastructure planning, application load and performance testing required
· Experience with performance tools such as SilkPerformer, LoadRunner, JMeter, Grinder
· Load, Stress and Performance scenario development and scripting/automation
· In depth performance diagnostic and troubleshooting in Java Applications Servers such as JBoss and Tomcat
· Familiarity with relational databases (prefer Oracle/DB2), Unix shell scripting, XML, ISAPI, HTML, XSLT and basic NT/UNIX system administration
Preferred Experience with:
· IBM WebSphere Application Server
· IBM WebSphere Portal
· IBM DB2
· IBM ESB
· IBM Cognos reporting
· IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM)
· Tivoli Access Manager (TAM)
· Data Stage
· IBM Initiate
· IBM MDM
· Facilitating projects; mentoring
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
Term life insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Critical illness insurance
401(k) retirement savings program
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.