Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
MISource is currently pursuing qualified candidates to assist our client’s team as a seasoned Sales Engineer within the telecom industry. Our client is a nationwide provider of complete voice and data solutions. For over 75 years they have excelled at planning, deployment, and integration of all Telecom, network equipment and services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following working knowledge with respect to:
• Excel at pre-sales technical development and qualification of communication solutions, pre-order technical assurance and order preparation, deliver trainings, and promote partner relationships
• Participate in closing large and/or complex sales opportunities in assigned territory
• Sales pricing for equipment and cabling
• Coordinate with customer contacts the correct scope of work for quotes
• Be comfortable in remotely presenting to and interacting with groups of differing technical abilities
• Participate and lead in sales and service training
• Answering calls within a call group
• Design innovative networks and prepare drawings which illustrate the design
• Be a strong communicator through verbal and written expression, and typically through Visio, PowerPoint, and text
• Negotiate pricing with vendors
• Complete and document RFPs, RFIs
• Create database for bidding and pricing
• Four year degree in business or a technical discipline and five or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
• Strong knowledge of metro Ethernet/layer 2 services & layer 3 IP services
• An advanced degree in business or a technical discipline and/or seven or more years of experience in the telecommunications.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate from a distance.
• Planning, organization, implementation and excellent interpersonal skills
• Very good verbal and written communication with close attention to detail
• Self-starter and proven ability to work independently and on a team
• Very strong communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport over the phone, ability to build credibility quickly, and clearly articulate a value proposition
• Strong customer service Strong time management and ability to multi-task; takes initiative and follows through
• Desire and ability to move into a leadership position as the business grows
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of PC tools, VPN, IM and the Internet
• orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships, internally and externally
• 4years’ experience in at least one of these roles preferred
o Sales Engineer in Telecom
o Sales Engineering in a data vendor environment
o Network Engineering or Architect experience supporting data networks in an end-user environment
o Experience creating and/or delivering technical presentations and/or training required
o 1 years’ experience with Voice and Data solutions design required.
o Certifications: Industry related certifications are a plus but not required (i.e. CCNA, CCDA, JNCIA, etc.)
Technology Knowledge Requirements:
• Data and Voice networking equipment (switches, routers, firewalls, IP PBXs, etc.) required.
• Remote presentation and collaboration tools
• LAN/WAN routing and switching required
• Navigate efficiently within Netsuite, AIM, Avaya, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Access, WebEx and the Internet
Clean driving record and background check/drug screen required
At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.