At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Sr. Cisco Engineer (CCIE)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Our client is an industry leader in managed and hosted IT services. They focus on solving their client’s most difficult technical issues and the commitment to provide the highest level of service in the Information technology industry. They have a large presence in data center virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility, contact centers and network infrastructure. If you want to come in and build upon your current technical knowledge and certification level this is the company for you.
Position Summary: The Primary responsibility of the Sr. Cisco Engineer (CCIE) is to provide design, consulting, implementation and support services to customers.
• Primarily responsible for overall assurance of networking health throughout all network segments, both internal and external
• Organizes and implements continuous networking enhancements, including disaster recovery and capacity planning
• Leads design, development and deployment of new technologies, services and underlying network infrastructure. Architects complex networks and multi-server systems. Works with other engineering/development teams to create robust scalable solutions
• Provides strategic direction and R&D for entire network engineering organization. Researches and evaluates new network technologies and products, and defines recommendations and specifications for Global Hosting production implementation.
• As the highest point of escalation, handles Tier-III support requests for complex technical problems and high-severity outages from other network engineers and business departments. Performs highly complex network engineering support and advanced troubleshooting of most critical problems. Works with network equipment and software vendors to resolve defects and other technical issues.
• Develops service specifications, internal standards, and policies and procedures to adapt to evolving technology and business needs. Participates in development of technical training and documentation for network operations and support staff.
• In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with a full range of layer 1-7 technologies and protocols. These may include advanced layer2; redundancy protocols, advanced OSPF, BGP, and other routing protocols, advanced layer4-7 load-balancing, firewalls and security, context and content management, and other technologies.
• Advanced knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in Cisco routing and switching equipment and technologies (hardware/software, full/advanced configuration, advanced troubleshooting)
• Advanced hands-on experience with networking equipment and technologies of other vendors (Juniper, Nortel, Cisco, F5, Foundry, Nokia, Checkpoint, and/or other).
• Develops extensive test cases and participates in testing and certification of new network hardware and software products and solutions.
• Performs physical and logical network design, advanced configuration and maintenance of routers, switches, switch-routers, load-balancers, content-delivery devices, firewall/security devices, and other types of networking equipment.
• Plans, coordinates and executes major/large-scale network operations, such as: critical maintenance, large-scale migrations, adjustments on the edge with backbone, global technology changes/additions, major hardware/software upgrades.
• Work seamlessly in a team atmosphere
• Participation in administrative on-call rotation and ability to be on-call 24x7x365 for networking and customer connectivity emergencies, which may include on-site activities outside of normal business hours
• Enhancement of services, coordination across business units
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 5 years consulting experience with Cisco Route / switch
• CCIE Routing and Switching
• Expert-level hands-on operation of networking equipment, management tools and network analyzers.
• Experience working as a consultant is a significant plus.
• Experience installing and supporting security, Storage Area Networks (SAN) and VMWare a plus.
• At least 3 years of experience and extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN and WAN topologies, WiFi, WAP, firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, VPN, IPSec, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, network monitors and protocol analyzers. Windows 2003/2000/NT. Cisco IOS, PIX, Netscreen OS.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.