At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Windows Administrator
Location: Austin, TX
Administrator needed to support, maintain, and document Microsoft Windows server infrastructure (Server 2008 R2 primarily, but also some Server 2003)
The Windows Administrator will Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
• Liaise with client offices, operations personnel, and field service personnel; interact directly with customers to negotiate solutions and implementation specifics.
• Technical support and general troubleshooting
• Document open ports and services running
• Document server and service configuration for regulatory compliance
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Experience (typically gained from 3-5 years) working as a Windows systems administrator in an enterprise environment (Server 2008 experience required) including Group Policy objects (GPOs), domain administration, script development and Active Directory administration
• Experience (typically gained from 3-5 years) with Active Directory, NTFS and Share permissions, and Dynamic DNS
• Practical knowledge of file systems, storage area networking, and enterprise backup systems
• Excellent understanding of basic networking concepts including, but not limited to: TCP/IP, routing and switching, the OSI model, TCP and UDP ports and services
• Extremely process and detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, MCSE, et. al) greatly preferred
• General network certifications (CCNA, etc) preferred
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.