Administrator Priority Level: Normal
Outside WMA Skill Level: Level 3
Security Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
Role & Responsibilities:
Primary LAN Administrator responsible for 150 users. Mission LAN consists of multiple Windows based physical servers/Virtual servers, desktops, and peripherals. Additional duties includes augmenting the existing IT team with supporting a robust Training Environment on a major computing systems across the organization. Responsible for installation and maintenance of the Windows based Mission IT network and Windows 2003/2008 servers and Windows XP Professional as well as Windows 7 Professional desktops. Also serve as technical referent on the project integration team considering all additions or changes to the operating environment. Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network. Provide technical support to applications and collaborate with application developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment. Provide guidance and technical assistance to customers as needed. Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration. Manage software life cycles. Serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment. Participate in review boards for all changes or additions to the standard Mission LAN configuration within the organization. Participate in various design reviews. Recommends and plans server recaptilization, performance tuning, baselines, and maintain performance efficiencies. Recommends and implements process and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s change management and configuration management processes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Please Note: System Engineers and Software/Web Developers Only. Client/Customer will accept under consideration qualified candidates who currently possesses a Top Secret or above (preferably TS/SCI) security clearance to obtain a Full Scope Polygraph. Selected candidate must be eligible and meets all requirements to successfully obtain a Full Scope Polygraph security clearance.
• Current experience as a LAN administrator on a corporate network or Mission IT network
• Considerable knowledge of operating systems in use at the sponsor agency to include Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 2003/2008 Servers, MS Office Applications, Outlook, Lotus Notes/Domino applications, web technologies, and DTO procedures
• Considerable knowledge of WAN/LAN topology and troubleshooting Cisco/HP switches and routers
• Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment in order to successfully resolve moderately complex technical problems in a high-paced environment
• Ability to explain rules, procedures, and technical information clearly and accurately, both orally and in writing
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, planning and customer service skills
• Considerable knowledge of desktop computers and common peripherals
• Working knowledge of Smartboard Overlays and system
• Working knowledge of Secure Video Teleconferencing equipment, Audio/Video equipment and projectors