At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Wireless Data Security Engineer TX-7398
Location: Southlake, TX
We are looking for someone to join a team built on teamwork, varied perspectives, and a dedication to excellence—one that is acknowledged and rewarded for the incredible work they do around the world. Their unprecedented expertise and unrelenting determination are the heart of their success and a constant source of inspiration in the quest to achieve the extraordinary.
Bring your knowledge and ambition to a telecom industry leader, and discover the road to achieving your professional and personal aspirations.
Responsible for assisting with the configuration and management of all of the firewall platforms in use in the company infrastructure, ensuring that those platforms integrate seamlessly with our many NMS systems, and for assisting with the creation and implementation of security designs that support the various data platforms within the company infrastructure. Assist with efforts to ensure consistent implementation of network security designs, solutions, and deployment strategies as they occur in our Texas Network Equipment Center (NEC). Participate in design discussions with company Security Engineers to help create new secured network segments and transport systems security policies for these locations.
• Assist with efforts to ensure consistency for the security infrastructure that we have deployed across all NEC locations and develop strategies to audit all aspects of device configuration to ensure compliance with departmental build standards and policies. Also responsible for devising clean and concise migration paths between embedded platforms and directional architectures while keeping customer impact and application downtime to a minimum.
• Manage, maintain, and configure security network hardware (ex. Firewalls, IDP devices, Logging Systems, Security Provisioning Systems, and Routers/Switches for ACL work) when necessary. Interact with members of the team who are responsible for testing all new hardware and software in an effort to understand the new platforms and applications which we are responsible for deploying and how they will affect the existing embedded architectures. Responsible for taking that knowledge and ensuring that it is being properly deployed in the respective location. Provide higher tier technical support to the DSO-I, DSO-M and DSE teams on all security related networking issues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Firm understanding of IP routing and the security best practices used to secure network systems.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in network security in a service provider environment (preferably mobile) is required including expert knowledge of TCP/IP with a specialization in network security, and security best practices.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in IP addressing and subnetting (IPv4 and IPv6), SNMP (v2 & v3), SSH, SCP, SFTP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN concepts, VLAN configuration and concepts, PPP, L1/L2 switching technologies, Frame Relay, ATM, PNNI, T1, T3, Metro E, CAT5/5e/6 cabling, Fiber connectivity, Sniffer products (NikSun NetVCR preferred), QOS, and the creation of managed services architectures in service provider networks.
• Candidate must have expert level experience in Data Center and Mobile Switching Center Security design, overall security best practices, IDS, IDP and packet capture methods and technologies. Candidate must also possess expert level experience with IP address allocation fundamentals, awareness of security impacts based on IP design, and the ability to work with project teams and vendors to learn new platforms and develop scalable IP designs. Candidate should have experience with data network and security design of voicemail systems, wireless gateways, VoIP systems, Network Extender concepts and the methods for securing them and other voice and wireless data systems network integrations.
• Candidate must possess strong knowledge of wireless data architecture and principles, expert level knowledge in networking security (i.e. firewalls, IDP, IDS, hacking methods and strategies, SecureID, security protocols, Radius, packet capture technologies and analysis), SNMP, network management, HP Openview, Concord eHealth, and network equipment MIBs. VoIP experience is desirable. Experience configuring and supporting Security Gateway products, Session Border Controllers (SBCs) and/or Layer 1 switches are a plus. Experience with IMS call flows also a plus.
• Candidate should also possess expert level experience in complex BGP/MPLS routing implementations, complex Internet POP connectivity architectures, and integration into data networks of wireless service offerings including prepay architectures. Candidate must possess expert level knowledge and experience with QOS and DMZ architectures. Candidate should have knowledge and experience with content switching principles including global server load balancing techniques, advanced server health monitoring techniques, knowledge of DNS functionality holistically as well as within content switching environments, and the ability to conceptualize data flows for various types of application data.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent data security and networking experience required, preferably in a Wireless Service Provider environment. Must possess the experience and ability to lead and participate in technical sessions, to lead or drive projects that span multiple organizations, and to coordinate technical, implementation and/or troubleshooting discussions with little to no supervision. A strong understanding of structured network design and the OSI Interconnect Model, especially how it relates to the design and deployment of structured networks, is required as well as strong project management skills, strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral), and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.