Job Title: XNG Engineer CO-7665
Location: Aurora, CO
We are looking for someone to join a team built on teamwork, varied perspectives, and a dedication to excellence—one that is acknowledged and rewarded for the incredible work they do around the world. Their unprecedented expertise and unrelenting determination are the heart of their success and a constant source of inspiration in the quest to achieve the extraordinary.
Bring your knowledge and ambition to a telecom industry leader, and discover the road to achieving your professional and personal aspirations.
Provide network transport support for the Mountain Region.
• Create, modify, and delete Xng Work Orders as needed based on project status, utilizing templates where available.
• Optimize base station to MSC backhaul and interMSC transport using multiple vendors, native ethernet and SONET technologies.
• Tracking network projects as it pertains to the facilities team such as Path Diversification, Cost reduction Initiatives, Cell Availability Evaluations, Equipment decommissioning, Facility migration, etc.
• Analyzes traffic rearrangements associated with landline tandem rehomes and internal switch cutovers; creates facility and equipment plans to accommodate the changes.
• Provide Circuit Facility Assignments for ordering of new circuits using least cost routing techniques.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Understanding of tariff regulations and ability to develop Excel models or manipulate Software to determine least cost routing is required.
• Provide network design using a thorough knowledge of SONET based applications including OC3 through OC192 ring configurations.
• Negotiate with LEC, IXC and CAP carriers for service.
• Very strong experience working in the Xng Inventory (formerly Xpercom/Granite) circuit inventory system required. Microsoft Office Suite expertise is essential.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.