At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Network Technician
Location: Silver City, New Mexico
Company Summary: Our client is known as an industry leader in Information Security and Infrastructure solutions throughout North America. They are committed to hiring highly innovative and energetic employees in engineering, technology, business, account management, and administration, all with one goal in mind : serving the information security needs of each one of their customers.
Position Summary: This position will provide front line support for the company’s Network Operations, LAN/WAN Network(s) and IT infrastructure including the development of operational strategies, products and services. Additionally this position will be a primary contact for packet routing strategies and the installation and operations of the company’s and customers data and telecommunications networks
• LAN/WAN Network security to include server(s), software and hardware management, administration and standards development.
• Responsible for the overall reliability of WNMC’s LAN/WAN network including installation, operations, and maintenance central office equipment, critical network components and security standards.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding service-related objectives.
• Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all routing and LAN equipment within the communications and network platform(s).
• Responsible for aiding in the development of all initial and ongoing capital budgets for networks, associated equipment and derived resource allocations.
• Provide support for all aspects of WNMC’s network operations including microwave, fiber optic systems, switching platforms, DLC/BLC, transport mediums (i.e. Ethernet, ATM, etc.), EMS platforms, Voice Mail system(s), and special services such as VOIP and hosted services.
• Provide Project Management services for special projects as assigned by the Network Supervisor to include project budget, project schedule, internal and external resource coordination and overall project implementation.
• Establish technical requirements, service levels and procedures, and implementation plans for major network elements (systems/applications) and customer related equipment and services.
• Provide input/support in developing written procedures associated with the installation, maintenance, training standards and reliability thresholds associated with WNMC’s network topology.
• Interface and support inter-departmental requirements associated with WNMC’s Long Range Network and Outside Plant Growth Plans.
• Provide leadership and direction as a Project Manager to implement the strategic initiatives or direction set by the company.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of broadband telecommunications topologies, Data network topologies, computer operations/ architecture, including hardware and software interfaces, data communications including digital transport technologies, All Cisco and Juniper routing configurations and protocols, LAN/WAN IP4/6 network addressing, fiber optic systems, wireless platforms and software controlled network management systems.
• Experience working with and troubleshooting all common IT systems.
• Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) are required.
• This person is aggressive, with senior level interpersonal skills and dedication to customer service and satisfaction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to communicate verbal and written, face-to-face and over the phone.
• Strong analytical ability is a must.
• Must be able to operate a PC expertly.
• Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle.
• Must have ability to process written information accurately in order to follow directions and provide direction to others.
• Possess the ability to retain information accurately in order to follow directions and provide direction to others.
• Must be able to operate effectively under pressure and manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• Ability to work flexible hours to ensure customers expectations are met.
• This position carries extremely heavy work and its incumbent must be able to manage this load and long hours without appreciable loss in work quality or performance.
• Must be willing to travel when required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• A four-year college degree with courses preferably in engineering, electronics, Cisco certifications or equivalent experience is necessary but not required.
• Strong computer and application experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, and other operating systems associated with company networks, firewall solutions, virus controls, Microsoft Office Suite, Routing and Ethernet protocols.
• This position requires a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.