At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Peoplesoft Technical Consultant
Location: Dallas, TX or Arlington, TX
Our client is one of the leaders in enterprise solutions in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Their distinctive approach benefits all levels of any organization. The combination of technical and functional resources along with their senior leadership, make it possible to deliver on-point solutions that drives long-term growth.
Technical Consultants support functional consultants on projects and are relied on to analyze, design, build and test required technical components. Technical consultants are charged with development in the areas of conversions, interfaces, forms, reports and application extensions.
• Consult with functional team members in defining business requirements, determining scope, and identifying technical alternatives and limitations for system enhancements and change requests.
• Provide technical expertise in an assigned business area, in the analysis, design, development, and integration of business applications.
• Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues and suggesting solutions to challenges that might inhibit attainment of project goals.
• Develop and execute test plans that ensure systems and application integrity and quality.
• Support defect resolution and root-cause analysis for items coming from QA activities, including unit, internal acceptance, client acceptance, and performance testing.
• Complete change control documentation.
• Develop and run data conversion scripts to migrate data into new environments.
• Provide troubleshooting support for existing applications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Candidates applying for the position of Technical Consultant must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Business Administration with 5 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Business Administration with 2 years’ experience required.
• Experience to include developing ERP software using PeopleSoft Financials and Global Payroll.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience is required including but not limited to; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Deep understanding of architectural standards such as J2EE, Web Services, and XML.
• Broad understanding of technical applications principles and business processes.
• Solid understanding and experience with development tools such as: PeopleTools, JDeveloper, BPEL Process Manager, and SQR.
• Solid understanding and experience with reporting tools such as: XML Publisher, SQR, Business Objects, nVision, and Business Intelligence tools including but not limited to OBIEE, Hyperion and Cognos.
• Solid understanding and experience with testing methodology and tools such as Mercury and IBM Rationale.
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft technical infrastructure.
• Must have experience with implementation methodology and change management.
• Must have experience in successful delivery of customizations into newly delivered functionality.
• Data conversion experience required.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
• Operate with highest standard of integrity and business ethics.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to gain consensus.
• Executive presence with exceptional written and oral communications skills.
• Superior presentation skills.
• Outstanding teamwork and mentoring skills.
• Keen attention to detail and organization.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Self-motivated, assertive while possessing the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment.
• Positive, professional and energetic team member dedicated to building positive spirit and team rapport.
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.