At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Principal Data Scientist
Our client who is headquartered out of Reston, VA is consistently on ComputerWorld’s Top 100 Places to work in IT. On top of being a great place to work, they are also ranked as one of the “Fastest 50” growing companies in the Northern VA, Washington DC Metro Area year after year. Our Client is one of the leading system integrators in both the Public & Private sectors. What sets our client apart from other is that they work around the clock and have a passion for technology.
• Apply machine learning techniques on vast data sets
• Assume ownership over deep analytics and continuously work to improve them
• Design and implement systems and modules for our current product line
• Develop code that is scalable, maintainable, efficient and elegant
• Find, define, and tackle difficult problems in the following areas: mobile and Web visualization, data mining, text mining, real-time notifications, data analytics, distributed databases
• Run A/B tests to determine what makes our users love our solutions
• Be proactive and constantly pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems
• Take an active interest in our key activities that become features that our user value
• Always help out with recruitment to expand knowledge
• Real-world experience in a core full cycle software development role
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Extreme passion for learning new technologies
• Expert coder (must write scalable, maintainable, efficient and elegant code)
• Strong algorithm skills
• Experience with analyzing large data sets using Hadoop, MS SQL, MYSQL, and file oriented databases
• Experience with other distributed systems and scalability problems
• PhD or MSc in Machine Learning or related fields strongly preferred
• Experience with large-scale data analysis frameworks: map-reduce (Hadoop ecosystem), NoSQL
• Experience with parallel and distributed data mining tools such as MatLab Parallel Toolbox and gridMathematica
• Experience with streaming algorithms and practical analysis of real-time data streams
• Experience with parallel and distributed approaches to Data Analytics and Text Mining
• Experience with CJK Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
• Experience with Data Analytics in the Cloud
• Experience with .Net/C# experience
• Publications and/or open source projects to share
• Have or wish to acquire extensive experience of development in Unix-like systems such as GNU/Linux
MISource, Inc. is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to our employees including
• Term life insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
• Critical illness insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings program.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.