Lead Senior Procurement Specialist
Responsible for the coordination of all procurements for Department of Veterans Affairs Enterprise Operations under the DCAT4 contract.
Role and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with the review and feedback on purchase requirements, evaluation criteria, acceptance, purchase strategy and assist with formulating special T/C's as needed.
• Coordinate all contract procurement actions with the Procurement staff and other Finance Department team members.
• Provide consult and advice to procurement specialists/buyers, serves as intermediary with customer for resolution for vendor queries and concerns.
• Coordinates with requisition processors to assure proper and accurate requisitions.
• Assists in the identification of competitive sources, or justification of noncompetitive sourcing.
• Review and ensure quotes submitted to customer are formatted to requirements and contains completed analysis which will enable proper customer source selection.
• Work closely with buyers to assure that RFQ's/RFP’s will result in best advantage to the customer.
• Assist in the evaluation process per contract requirements.
• Review (or coordinate review) and approval, or recommend approval / rejection of special terms or agreements proposed by vendors (eg, noncommercial terms, EULA's, etc).
• Track orders through completion and final payment to assure they are properly filled in accordance with the requirements of the order including special terms (eg, Gold requirements).
• Work with customer and buyers to resolve vendor issues, discrepancies, performance problems and delivery dates.
• Track order modifications to assure copies are provided to customer.
• Coordinate with receiving administrator and buyers to obtain information needed for all to know when warranties expire.
• Track payments to vendors to ensure timely order close out.
• Provide appropriate and timely information (verbal and /or in writing) to ensure accurate reporting, status, and coordination with the customer.
• Work under general supervision, a wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills, problem solving and detailed oriented.
• Functional exposure with Microsoft Office Products.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Significant work experience with buying/contracting for Information Technology acquisitions, specifically, hardware, software, maintenance, and associated services; along with experience working in a lead capacity of a similar nature required.
• Strong experience and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition marketplace, regulations and policies; along with some financial work history.
• Proven work history on acquisition programs with annual budgets of $5-10 million per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Austin, Texas, United States