At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
Job Title: Sr. Cisco Consulting Network Engineer (Pre/Post)
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is an industry leader in managed and hosted IT services. They focus on solving their client’s most difficult technical issues and the commitment to provide the highest level of service in the Information technology industry. They have a large presence in data center virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility, contact centers and network infrastructure. If you want to come in and build upon your current technical knowledge and certification level this is the company for you.
Work with Potential and Current Enterprise Level Customers to determine solution requirements, design/architect the solution and present the designs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Enterprise level Network environments with experience with implementations and “White Board” solution architecting/explanation.
• Creation and implementation of customer specific solutions relating to particular clients and potential clients
• Pre Sales activities include develop and present presentation materials for sales call while working with the sales team on project planning
• Acquire and maintain network specific certifications and education
• Engineer, configure and lead the design, configuration and deployment of Unified Communications (Video, VoIP and data networks), LAN/WAN, Cisco routers, switches, and other network infrastructure devices.
• Deliver to current client requirements and generate additional consulting work by understanding the client's need and showing them the justification for new technologies that fit their business.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Competitive equipment knowledge and experience with a channel partner, large enterprise or university, service operator (carrier), Third Party Network Consulting Services Company or other relevant industry.
• Expert-level hands-on operation of networking equipment, management tools and network analyzers.
• Possess expert-level knowledge (or the aptitude to acquire knowledge) of Presidio products, capabilities, functions and configurations.
• 5 years consulting experience with Cisco route/switch, Wireless, Cisco Security and/or Cisco Data Center products.
• CCNP or higher
• MCSE and 5+ years experience in LAN/WAN network administration and engineering.
• At least 3 years of experience and extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN and WAN topologies, WiFi, WAP, firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, VPN, IPSec, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, network monitors and protocol analyzers. Windows 2003/2000/NT. Cisco IOS, PIX, Netscreen OS.
• Experience working as a consultant is a significant plus.
• Experience installing and supporting security, Storage Area Networks (SAN) and VMWare a plus.
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below.