Below are some very important interview Do’s and Don’ts.
- Be on time.
- Give a firm handshake and always make eye contact.
- Dress for success. Look your best while maintaining a conservative appearance.
- Do your research. Make sure you know what the company does and how well they are doing. This is all information that you can get from their website.
- Have something to write on and write with. Write down a list of questions before you go for the interview.
- Take your time and think about each question that you are asked. Be concise with your answers and do not get off track.
- Give specific examples of what you have done for a company versus just stating that you can do a specific task.
- Have additional hard copies of your resume with you.
- Be yourself. People who conduct interviews can tell when a person is being fake.
- Send a hand-written thankyou note to the interviewer for their time.
- Don’t be late. Give yourself time to arrive early or account for
unexpected delay’s. If you are going to be late, call the company.
- Don’t forget to turn off your cell phone and pager. If you forget to turn them off and you get a call, do not answer.
- Don’t lie!
- Don’t use slang or inappropriate language.
- Don’t wear strong perfume or cologne.
- Don’t slander past employers, coworkers or bosses.
- Don’t give more information then they are looking for. Answer questions concisely.
- Don’t discuss compensation until the hiring manager brings up salary.
- Don’t interrupt the interviewer.
- Don’t tell the hiring manager how great it is to be on unemployment.